Thursday, January 26, 2012

First IMM Assignment: Three Photoshop Paintings
15-minute Self Portrait
This self-portrait was the first of the three images and took about fifteen minutes to make, mainly because more than half of it is just the background filled with a design from the paintbucket tool. I just wanted something simple for my self portrait, and because of the time limit the arm came out looking like pantyhose filled with lumpy potatoes.

30-minute Drawing of Choice
Although this painting of jellyfish took a half-hour to make, it was the last of the three (mainly because by the time I reached my third painting I had familiarized myself with the basic photoshop tools). I've always been fascinated by jellyfish and I tried to replicate that kind of candle-like glow of the Japanese Sea Nettles. 

60-minute Landscape Drawing
This was the second of the three paintings I made, and took an hour because I needed to familiarize myself with the brush and pen tools. The water is a separate layer with its top edge blurred to look like the sea, and the ship's reflection is a reversed image of the original ship (same goes for the clouds/sun/birds). I used the blur tool to make the reflections shimmery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment